Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sharing it all.....

So, I said I would try to update regularly but you can see how that has turned out!  Over a month and I haven't posted anything!  There are a few reasons for that... First, I never have time at home to post so I have to do it before work, during my lunch break, or stay late at work.  That is the only time I can complete a thought!  However, when I am at work, I don't have my pics with me!  I couldn't get past having blog posts with no pics.  But, I am going to release myself from that mommy guilt and just post, pictures or no pictures.  :)  The second reason I haven't posted is because I wasn't sure of what all I wanted to include in the blog.  Was it just going to be funny stories from our two precious little ones, our family's day-to-day life, etc.  The biggest thing I wasn't going to write about was Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), something our Cole struggles with.  And since that has been all consuming the past few months, no posts!  But I think I will include our journey with SPD too.  I want a record of how far our little man has come!  So, this is going to be a record of it ALL.  Funny stories, struggles, and the day-to-day craziness that is the James family! 

Today's not-so-funny story is that Cole was up at 4:00 a.m.!!!  He laid in bed SCREAMING.  He just wasn't tired anymore he said and just wanted to get up.  Not at 4:00 he's not!  So, I told him he can lay in bed until he sees the sun coming in his window.  Fat chance.  So, finally at 5:15 I went in to get him up only because he was screaming so loud he was waking Annalise up.  Wow.  It's going to be a long day.

Annalise started her lazer treatment yesterday and was such a big girl about it!  Well, actually she slept right through it!  A few days after she was born, she developed a little red spot on her forehead.  That just grew bigger and bigger and now she has a hemangioma which is a cluster of blood cells making up a benign tumor.  She started to have problems with it so her pediatrician decided to send her on to have it looked at rather than let it go away on it's own (usually around ages 2-5 I think) which is the typical practice.  She will have lazer treatment once a month for about 9 sessions.  Prayers that there will be no significant scaring for the little one! 

Just in case we had too much free time on our hands with an infant and 3 year old, we have decided to build a house now as well.  We closed on our construction loan this week and hope to be moving dirt first of next week!  We are really excited about getting into our new house because we have outgrown the one we are in but I am not looking forward to Tyler being away so much these next few months!

That gets us pretty caught up to now!  I really will try to share more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment